Garage doors have become a necessity for every home. It clearly provides protection, security and even privacy in general. Therefore, a need for ongoing maintenance is very important. When we experience garage door malfunctions, it is not easy trying to find the cause and a solution. But you will be able to patch it up when you understand how it functions and how to troubleshoot. Read more about garage door Kirkland
Here is a list of the most common garage door problems that you might solve it on your own or that will require you to call for a door repair service company.
- The door is jammed – causes may be broken cable, damaged extension spring cable pulleys or the door track is bent. So be sure to check first the cables and pulleys and replace it if needed.
- The door will not close all the way with the remote / operator – if this happens, check if there were bends in tracks and worn extension springs. To fix, straighten bends and replace damaged springs.
- The door squeaks and produce loud sounds – causes include dry bearings, hinges or rollers. A loud bash of sound indicates that there is something wrong with your garage opener. Again, check the springs and lubricate the rollers and bearings.
- The door gets stuck – there is either and obstruction to the door’s trail or there’s something wrong with the remote itself. Check foreign objects and remove it. If it still doesn’t work, check the remote, lubricate the chains and if it still doesn’t do the trick, call for a professional help.
- The door operates unexpectedly in the wrong way – this problem is a bit difficult as it implies various assumptions for this problem. It can be a sign of damaged and broken springs, extension pulleys might need replacements, lubrication needed, or a glitch with the sensors itself. Check everything, if you didn’t see the problem then it’s time to contact for a repair service.
- Garage door opens on itself – Check the remote, it might be that there is someone controlling the door. If the remote is with you and you are not controlling it, check the wiring. There could be some wiring problems. If the wires are okay, try to reset or restore the settings. Refer to the manual before you do this. If all else fails, do call for an expert help.