Big Las Vegas Casino Winners
There are people that believe that gambling is a lost cause and that all the games are rigged to prevent people from winning big. Often, these people have only gambled once or twice or placed a sports betand did not receive an immediate reward. However, seasoned gamblers know that this is not the case. There are a lucky few that have experienced a major win on a few occasions.
Let’s take a look at some of the biggest wins that have occurred in Las Vegas to date.
- Kerry Packer: Out of curiosity, this late Australian billionaire took a chance on a game of baccarat and blackjack. He ended up winning several games, amounting to a total between $20 and $40 million at the MGM Grand casino. The first thing that he did was tip his waitress approximately $1 million.
- Young Engineer: This anonymous winner was looking to kill time before watching a baseball game. He decided to go to Excalibur, place a $100 bet and won $39,713 982.25. He requested that instead of receiving a lumpsum pay-out, he wants to receive a yearly pay-out of $1,500,000.
- Unknown Woman: This unknown 60-year-old woman went to the Palace Casino and bet on the Wheel of Fortune. She won $680,000. This money as set aside to fund her gambling habit. As she continued to play, this balance would fluctuate until the day she played the Megabucks slot and won almost $27 million.
- Elmer Sherwin: This World War II veteran got lucky twice. This first time was when the Mirage Casino opened for the first time, and 10 hours later, he won $4.6 million. Sixteen years later he went back and managed to win $21 million.
- John Tippin: A quick holiday in Las Vegas and a trip to the Gold Coast Casino left John $12 million richer. Unfortunately, this win went to his head and he splurged on the classic cars, women, and booze. He lost it all and went on to write a book about the experience.
- Amy Nishimura: In the classic tale of instant attraction, Amy found herself drawn to a machine at the Fremont Casino while on holiday in Las Vegas. She discussed her need for money with the machine, and lady luck decided to be on her side. Three hours later, she won the jackpot, just like you can do if you enjoy the online pokies NZ has to offer.
All About Taking A Chance
The trend with most of these Las Vegas winners is that they took a chance on a random slot machine or table and ended up winning big. They weren’t under pressure to win or trying to prove a point. It was simply about embracing the experience and letting lady luck take over.